Our aim here is to come up with a sexy, sophisticated logo that conveys the power, mystery, and exciting things to be discovered in a city. The design should be bold (not tons of detail - lonely planet is a good example) and focus primarily on the "discovery" and "exploration" elements of the city combined with an idea of a "flow" or "path" that connects people to the answers/destinations.
There are a few (directional) requirements:
1. Logo can exist w/o or with the citystream name (show both iterations). If you can come up with a creative way to make a logo out of the name (or around it), of course try that too, though.
2. Please try the name as both "CityStream" and "city stream". We aren't yet sure if we want to push the name together or not
3. The core logo needs to be able to 'work' in a small form as well as a large form. In many uses, it will be in the bottom corner of a city picture/event; as such, it needs to be somewhat bold/simple/sleek.
4. When the name is incorporated, we need to be able to include the city name as a design element. When experimenting with this, make sure that multiple lengths work (i.e. "Detroit" and "Fort Lauderdale").
5. Feel free to experiment with some bold color, but we'll also need it to work in both a black/white form.
Notes: We've attached two previous iterations a designer did that were "ok", but didn't wow us at all.
leave comments/questions below. We're excited to see your designs.