In search of designers who have done middle eastern themed logos with a contemporary look.
Halal Eats (.com is not necessary)
Desired Color Scheme:
Accepted File Formats:
Illustrator or Photoshop, TIFF, PNG
Our company "Halal Eats" is all about food, it is basically a restaurant online. The main concern for Muslims is, the food must be "Halal". Halal in Islam means anything that is permissible in our religion. Please follow this link to research more on this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Halal
The logo will be on our website where customers will be able to place orders and have them shipped, we may also place our products in local super markets in the future, so the logo has to look good on the web and packaging of our products.
Our target audience is between 13-30, so focusing more on the younger generation.
The following are guidelines for the logo;
1) Keeping up with modern times, the logo MUST be contemporary yet elegant and unique.
2) The logo must NOT include a depiction of a human, animal or any living being.
3) Since we will be offering only Halal edible products the logo must include an object of religious value ((e.g Mosque & minar http://www.funci.org/en/wp-content/…002050.jpg or moon & star http://www.ancient-symbols.com/islam-symbol.jpg etc.)) as the symbol. We really would like to see the moon & star as the symbol but in some way being also incorporated with the name of the company "Halal Eats". The moon & star does not have to be precisely as in the linked image, the star may be smaller or bigger. It may be stretched, skewed and shaped in any way as long as it's not in an upside down angle. Also use google image search for the term "islamic symbols".
4) The entire logo or symbol has to in some way focus on the taste of our products, since we really stand behind the food we sell.
5) Not really necessary but, the logo should have the color green in either of the two words or both of the words "Halal Eats". Keep in mind, the colors which usually stimulate appetite to humans are green, red and orange.
6) Also not absolutely necessary, but we would like to see a font which looks similar to Arabic scripture but in English of course. We love this font http://dafont.com/dragonwick.font
To get a feel for the kind of business we are into please visit a website of our competitor and also have a look at their logo http://www.zabiha.com the main differences between them and us, is that our products will be available to order directly from the website and will be ready to eat as opposed to the raw products they sell. Personally I believe their logo looks aged and boring.
We are the owner of the website Halaleats.com so any logo which is chosen will be used on that website. There is no grab and run here, if you are the winner you will see your logo on our website. We may pay by paypal or any method preferred by the winner.