Looking for a bold and sophisticated logo and an identity package for an energy market consulting company. The design must be original. Avoid blatant electricity symbols and "retail" looking logos. Should be clean and in vector (not raster) format, and all rights to the logo transferred to us upon purchase.
Power Market Consulting, Inc.
Welcome to our contest! We are in need of a company identity package (logo, business card design, and letterhead/envelope). We're positive that someone here can produce something perfect for us.
We are Power Market Consulting, Inc. (PMCI), a premier regulatory and business systems consultancy providing the industry expertise to the wholesale electric power industry. Our clients include power generation asset owner, electric utilities, energy market operators, municipal utilities, software vendors, and law firms. Thus, the logo should show confidence and professionalism, as well as boldness and sophistication. Our clients tend to be conservative, engineering or accounting professionals.
We have a strong preference for a logo that captures what our business is about. So, we want to take some time to explain our industry and business because they are not visible to the end users of electricity. Our business is about providing financial expertise to entities that are in one way or another related to trading wholesale electric power. The electric power, at the wholesale level, is traded amongst power generator, marketers (traders), and utilities for deliveries priced at several thousand points on the power grid as the prices vary every 5-minutes. We provide strategic consulting for trading electricity and software systems that manage the transactions.
Lastly, we will own the workproduct and all rights (i.e. use and modification) associated with the logo will be reserved by PMCI once the full payment is made with the finished product. However, we do grant the designer to be able to display the logo as part of their design portfolio.
Surprise us with your talent! Have fun with this! We look forward to your best work.
- We would like to see a logo that captures the essence of either the consulting or the electricity trading aspect of our business.
- One concept is to capture the market/trading aspect of the client business that we serve. Reflecting dynamic, volatile, balance of supply and demand nature of the market
- Another concept we would like to have, if possible, is to capture the nodal aspect of power market. We saw an image that reflects the concept though it is not related to electricty trading. Please take a look at the image in the following link or page 10 of this presentation.
- Another concept is just a simple design with our company name not in typed-out fonts, but some sort of rendition of the company name. (I am not sure if I am describing this right...)
- If special fonts are used, the designer must provide a way for us to use the font.
- We would prefer the logo to be in the following formats: .AI, .EPS, .GIF, .JPG for best resolution and easy printing. The logo should be in vector format, not raster, so the logo can be resized without the loss of quality. In addition, the background should be clear so the logo can be used in different color backgrounds.
- In terms of the use, we will be using the logo for our business cards, stationary, website (to be built), print media, and marketing material (shirts). So, please make sure the logo will work well in different medium.
- We are looking for something very simple for the letterhead and the envelope.
- literal images of electricity related symbols like light bulb, lighting bolt, electric plugs, powerlines, electrons or anyting related to electronics
- Avoid cartoon-like fonts and graphics. We are aiming for simple and clean sophistication.