We sell products online, but do not think of ourselves as just another webstore. At spoilingpoint we’re suckers for having fun with nifty little utensils and exotic natural ingredients; had we lived in the Middle Ages, our recipes would have been the secret whispers of alchemist sisterhoods!
We use premium grade essential oils, base oils and carefully selected natural ingredients; our kits come fully equipped to make small batches of fresh, high quality blends. Fun is high on our agenda. You can have a blast making our products yourself, or give it as a special gift to those you feel deserve some spoiling.
The name Spoilingpoint is a play to 'boiling point': we have something for everybody's 'spoiling point'. Our tagline is "you deserve it".
Our shoppers are young professionals (25-40 years) that look for originality and expect quality and convenience.
They buy our products as a gift to spoil someone else (for example, as a thank-you, anniversary, or novel birthday gift), but occasionally want to spoil themselves.
We consider these keywords to be descriptive of how we want our shoppers to think of us; the perceptions our logo is to instill
- *original* : unconventional, unique, inventive, distinctive, exceptional
- *brave* : bold, adventurous, daring, resolute, passionate, energetic
- *indulging* : pampering, lush, satisfying, seductive
- logo to be clean and legible; should immediately entice shoppers to get started
- include strong, clean pictorial element, that can stand on its own (for example, on packaging).
- to include tagline: "you deserve it"
- allow logo to be printed on small-factor packaging such as bottles, label stickers, etc.
- creative work has sophistication as to instill trust and quality.
- colour pallet with some contrast (but stay away from shouting, loud colours) and logo is strong both in colour and b/w.
- fonts: sharp, clean, small caps (suggestion: different treatment of "spoiling" and "point" parts of our name and tagline in hand-written-style font to express a personal touch).
- Although we may seem to fit the spa/wellness category, this is not necessarily our 'brand promise'. Thus, we're not looking for the typical spa look-n-feel!
The usual: adobe source (vector) files + final version in EPS (black/white & full colour)