I'm a graduating high school senior and founder of Beans For Books. My organization is a non-profit that provides grants to college students for the purchase of textbooks. I began Beans For Books just over a year ago, and to date have given over $27,000 to college students in need. I believe that investing in our education is the best investment a person can make and I consider it my responsibility to help fellow students.
Tell us a bit about who you are and the people you reach
Target audience is college students and high school seniors. The majority of grant applicants (my audience) are between the ages of 18 - 23 years old.
My organization works primarily with coffee bars to raise funds for textbooks grants. This is the connection between "beans" and "books".
- NO photographic images. Illustrations ONLY.
- a logo that conveys a connection between coffee and textbooks.
- design must reflect a Web 2.0 feeling.
- colors should convey a feeling of higher education (colleges, universities).
- Simple design that is easily reproducible at various scales.