Up&coming act (genre: alternative rock / new progressive / indie) needs an engaging logo, to help with strong promotion from the outset.
Stef is the name of the act (whether referring to the full band, or just solo - I'm a songwriter, 20/male).
This needs to be genre appropriate - that is, for an alternative rock band - so try not to let it look like a dance/rap act... See http://i42.tinypic.com/2ij29te.png (link updated) for other band logos I like.
Looking for something really fascinating... But also needs to work on t-shirts andmerchandise and everything, and in grayscale/B&W... so you'll have to make it simple in that respect, and limitthe colours to 2 or so.
Also would be great if you could find a'COMPANION TYPEFACE' that goes with the logo, to be used elsewhere inpromo/album art/etc.
FYI, domain name will be: stefmusic.com
What it sounds like:
- sometimes challenging, often emotional, always genuine
- it's about having a good time, not being limited, creating progressive, experimental, engaging music that's still very accessible,and will stick around
- less about bravado or flashiness, more about ingenuity and mind-bendingIf you want more of an idea of what the sound is similar to musically, see http://www.myspace.com/stefiam for audio, influences, etc.
- see "What it sounds like" above
- young & innovative
- timeless & crafted
- more on the organic side
- more on the serious side
- play with the lettering, give it some clever!
- referring to http://i42.tinypic.com/2ij29te.png - I'd like to follow the style of these Keane and The Scare logos, but with the interplay of the Yes logo.
- I'd like to incorporate a big, hypnotic, pinwheely spiral nested/built into the bottomcurve of the S; this would be a centralfocal point.
- distinctive, original & quickly recognisable; giving it detail and complexity could be a good way to do this
- PROVIDE IN VECTOR
- musical imagery like guitars, musical notes, people/equipment on stage, or any of that (people already know it's music!)
- anything too: - gothic / medieval ...
- space-age / futuristic / ultra-modern / bleeding-edge ...
- cursive / handwritten ...
- grungy / angsty ...
- comical / graffiti / cartoony ...
- cursive/handwritten does not seem to work well
- too many colours - again, needs to be able to work in B&W.