wire8 is a creative design company founded on the principles of social enterprise. We work together with communities, organisations and governments to bring the mindsets and tools of a human-centred design approach to bear on social challenges for people and planet.
Our Mission: To engage, equip and empower people to creatively solve wicked social problems.
The world isn’t getting any simpler. With population growth, resource shortages, climate change, political shifts, technological advancements and societal evolution come new and complex problems that cannot be solved as before. The human race is leaping forwards with new innovations like Big Data and Artificial Intelligence, however we believe this is only part of the solution. We believe the answer to today and tomorrow’s “wicked problems” of this planet lie in precious insights learned through a human-centred approach, and solutions developed creatively by leveraging a designer's mindset and toolkit.
- everyone is creative (and with the right mindsets and tools can be developed in anyone)
- ‘thinking like a designer’ is a sure-fire way to build creative confidence in individuals and teams
- solving wicked problems starts with having deep empathy for those most impacted
- testing new ideas with real people through prototyping enables rapid improvement of ideas
- diverse teams and a multi-disciplinary approach produces better breakthrough solutions
- sharing human success stories inspires others to act
Business Objectives (what is wire8 going to do for the world):
- We Coach. Educate and mentor communities and organisations tackling major social challenges
- We Co-Create. Work alongside social enterprise organisations to develop new solutions to wicked social problems
- We Build Community. Host a platform for collaboration between social enterprise and design thinking practitioners
- We Connect. Bring those tackling social challenges, passionate change agents, and willing investors together through a series of networking and knowledge sharing events
Put simply, if you or your organisation is out to make the world a better place for those less fortunate or able - we want to work with you.