Rhode Islanders Against the Beverage Tax
Some Rhode Island lawmakers are considering a tax on many of your favorite drinks like sodas, juice drinks, teas and sports drinks. That would be on top of the existing 7% sales tax on beverages in Rhode Island. These taxes will substantially increase our grocery costs, at a time that we can’t afford it.
Rhode Islanders, concerned citizens, businesses and community organizations that oppose new beverage taxes. The coalition aims to send a strong message that in this tough economy we can’t afford to pay additional taxes on our grocery items.
IMPORTANT: We are on a strict deadline and would NOT like to wait until the end of the contest like most of you designers like to do. Even your design may be better, we WILL pick the first sufficient design that gets submitted!
- Not too busy
- Incorporate some type of design that is affiliated with Rhode Island
- Navigation should be Home, About, Join Us (with Join as an Individual and Join as an Organization as a dropdown), Take Action, News, and Contact Us.
- Facebook and Twitter icons that COMPLIMENT the design
- A "Tell a Friend" button or graphic
- A news feed that shows the title and a short excerpt from the post
- Please use the text from the Brief Overview and Target Audience sections for the homepage text.
- Other related sites: