We are about helping average computer users find the best free software available on the internet and making it easy for them to use. SoftwareSherpa is a software product that streamlines the process of downloading and installing that great, free software. SoftwareSherpa saves our users the hours of work they would spend finding, downloading and installing that software.
Tell us a bit about who you are and the people you reach
Our audience are people who know their way around computers but wouldn't consider themselves computer experts. In particular, we're targeting college students. We may eventually target small business owners as well.
We're looking for an icon for SoftwareSherpa, our new software that handles the download and install of multiple pieces of free software from the internet.
- We're picturing a friendly, cartoon sherpa/hiker/outdoorsman
- Should be professional (e.g. clean, not overly cartoony)
- It would be good if he were wearing something with the Ohrizon logo on it (not a requirement)
- It would be good if there was something in the logo that relates him back to software (not a requirement)
- primary version should be large so it can be used as the primary graphic on a webpage
- a smaller version should be provided to show how it would look for a Windows task bar or Max OSX Dock icon
- a 16x16 pixel version should be included for reference on how well it shrinks down
An image of our homepage is provided for reference. Please keep in mind the colors we are already using and the fact that this logo will be placed against an orange background.
The winning artwork will need to be provided in vector format like that used for Adobe Photoshop