How StephanieBamBam started their button or icon journey
Operation Turtle is a toolbar plugin that allows people to explore webpages together in real time. One of the key features of the plugin is to allow one user to see another user's cursor when they are on the same webpage. We are looking for our default cursor that all users will initially use after installing the toolbar.
What inspires you and how do you envision the design for your business?
Our company “mascot,” so to speak, has been a cartoonish turtle (hencethe name operation turtle) – please see graphics below. We would likethe default icon to be a nice, clean, cute turtle, with some sort ofpointer going to the upper left of the image to show where theclick point is. In the sample turtle linked below, the red starburst isbeing used to show the click point. The other graphics are for reference.
- Turtle cursor
- Transparent, 32 x 32
- Redo the turtle
- Cute, but not TOO cute - must have universal appeal
- Cannot be too busy, as everyone will have this cursor as default. There could easily be 10-20+ cursors on one page at a time.
- Cursor will be the same on PC's and Macs, cannot look too much like one OS or another
- "Cursor Mania" style pixelated cursor. Must look "modern," not old school web 1.0 cursors.
- Animation or hover effects
- Remember, this is a cursor, not a logo. It's going to be moving around a screen and must be usable and not too busy.
- Don't just clean up the turtle here. Try re-imagining it.