This is a Christian book written to young adults in their 20's.
I would like a blue background.
Something youthful, but not "teenaged". Something contemporary and attention-grabbing.
The title of the book is "Shift". Maybe you can play with the text and do something cool with it.
Please see attachments for creative inspiration.
I am publishing through CreateSpace.com.
We can talk about the exact specs once the design is chosen.
Createspace.com says: "Regarding barcode... the publisher will insert it. We just need to leave space for it. Here's the publisher says:
"If your artwork does not include an ISBN barcode, our system will automatically superimpose one in the lower right-hand corner of your book's back cover. Our system will place the ISBN barcode in a space 2" wide and 1.2" tall. The bottom of this ISBN barcode is located 1/4" up from the bottom trim line of the cover. The right side of the ISBN barcode is located 1/4" to the left of the spine. Please ensure that you don't have any important images or text in the ISBN barcode location. You can also refer to our Artwork Templates for the exact size and position of the ISBN barcode on your final cover. "
Attached is a template for the cover, which you can use in your design software.
Size: 5.5 x 8.5 with .125" bleed.
Page count: 209
White interior paper: multiply page count by 0.002252
Spine size: 209 x 0.002252 = ?
Minimum Cover Width: Bleed + Back Cover Trim Size + Spine Width + Front Cover Trim Size + Bleed (Example calculation at 6" x 9" cover with 60 B&W pages on white paper: 0.125" + 6" + 0.135" + 6" + .125" = 12.385")
Minimum Cover Height: Bleed + Book Height Trim Size + Bleed
How to use your Template
1. Open the PDF or PNG file for the Paperback Book Cover Template in your image editing software.
2. Create a new layer in your image editing software. This layer will serve as the design layer.
3. Design your cover in the design layer, using the template PDF or PNG file as the guide layer. The artwork should extend to the outside edge of the template's pink zone to ensure a white border will not exist within the printed work. Do not move the guide layer, as it is properly aligned for our printing specifications.
4. Ensure text and/or images that are intended to be read do not appear in the pink zones of the template.
5. The barcode area is indicated in yellow on the template. Do not place important images or text intending to be read in the barcode location. We suggest filling in this area with your background color or design.
6. Once your design is complete, you will need to turn off the guide layer so that it is not printed on your final product or rejected during the review process. If you are unable to turn off the guide layer, then you will need to format the artwork so that it completely covers the guide layer.
7. Flatten all layers, save the file as a press quality PDF, and upload the file through your CreateSpace account.
Subtitle: Navigating through Faith, Life and Mission
Subtitle Caption: A Guide for Young Adults
Author: Jacob Rodriguez
Spine: Shift Jacob Rodriguez
Ready, Set, Shift!
As an Apostolic young adult, you will face critical questions about faith, maturity, career, marriage, ministry, and much more. On top of that, you are surrounded by a culture that is increasingly secular and is pressuring you to conform to its code of living. But fear not! God has a plan for your life and wants to prepare you to make the right choices.
Join Jacob Rodriguez for an honest exploration of what it means to follow Jesus Christ and how to manage the many shifts in life. Ideal for individual study and group discussion, this book offers sound biblical advice on such topics as building a friendship with God, thriving in our culture, overcoming emotional hurts, choosing a spouse, and fulfilling your mission.
JACOB RODRIGUEZ is an author and pastor. He has authored multiple books which include, The Lord’s Lady and Crave. He has a passion to reach people with the Gospel and expand the Kingdom of God in our culture. Jacob and his wife, Cherie, reside in the Silicon Valley with their two young children, Makai and Chloe.